Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Prep

Well, my baby sister is getting married this coming weekend!  It’s really exciting, really busy, and a little bit sad.  ‘The Kid’ is growing up.  It’s been fun putting together her slide show, looking back at old pictures.  There are so many times when you think or say: ‘That’ll come up at your wedding!”  But when the day finally comes to reveal all idiocy in your past, you can’t remember it!  Ah well, I’ve got a few cracks to put in the speech to keep everyone laughing!

The Holy Spirit gave me a verse during my devotion time the other day that I thought that I might share on here.  Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8, 11-12

1 Truly my soul finds rest in God;
   my salvation comes from him.
2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
   my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honour depend on God[c];
   he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
   pour out your hearts to him,
   for God is our refuge.

11 One thing God has spoken,
   two things I have heard:
“Power belongs to you, God,
12 and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”;
and, “You reward everyone
   according to what they have done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment