Monday, August 29, 2011

Praise

What a fun exciting weekend!  Wow!  Where to begin...
Well, I’d planned a fun day with some of my young friends from church for Saturday and we had a lot of laid back fun.  We went to a nearby park with some sidewalk chalk and spent over an hour writing and drawing pictures on the walk way.  Here’s a picture of just some of their amazing artwork!  We had some snacks at the park and headed back to my place to do some pedicures. 
Our fun day together was just coming to a close when I get a call from one of the leaders at church.  It wasn’t my weekend to teach or even day (I usually teach Sundays only, not Saturdays), so I was instantly curious what he could want so close to service time (20 minutes).  In a very unique way it came about that they were without a praise team in Kidzland and my name had come up as a last minute alternative.  A number of the kids with me were attending the service anyway, so I asked them if they wanted to help.  They all agreed and we quickly picked 3 songs that we all knew.  It also just happened that during our pedicures I’d had music going and the songs we chose were on that playlist.  So we went through the songs once before heading over to church!
I should mention here that I have not sung on a stage in years, and have been exceptionally self conscious of my singing voice when in public.  In the few minutes I had to mentally prep, I prayed over and over: “God this is for the kids, please don’t let my voice crack!”  They had gotten another girl to come sing as well who happened to be an old friend of my sister.  So I was a lot more comfortable just having her there leading with me!
All can say is wow!  I was still a bit nervous, but I had a lot of fun up there!  I ended up helping out at all 4 services!  It was such a fun and new opportunity to minister to kids! It may not sound like much of an accomplishment to some, but to me it was huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment