Thursday, July 19, 2012

Special Blessings

I have been so very blessed! Waiting is hard and it sucks, but there are so many people around me who love us and care for us and have spent time praying for us!  This was evident a little while ago when a good friend of mine organized a day of prayer and fasting on our behalf.  She emailed many of my friends and family and asked them to take a day to listen and pray for us.  The response was amazing!  MD gave me a little booklet with scripture and pictures people had received during their prayer times.  It has been so encouraging when I'm having a tougher day, I can pick up that book and remember that I'm not alone in this!  SO awesome!

Then a few weeks back I was blessed again by my cousin.  We were at a family gathering and each of us grand kids had received a special gift from our grandma which came as a big surprise for all of us.  It was a huge blessing!  Then just as we were about to leave, my cousin gave me a gift which has been an encouragement to me almost every day since.  It was a small collection of Christian books about infertility and adoption.  One of the books was a devotional called: 'Longing for a Child' by Kathe Wunnenberg.  If you are dealing with infertility, I would HIGHLY recommend this book.  So often when I'm reading I think "Yes!  She gets it!  That's exactly how I feel!"  She offers a lot of scripture to encourage you, and short prayers.  Each devotion also ends with a few questions for self-examination.

Here are a few passages I have found encouraging over the last few weeks:
Delight yourself in the Lord
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

All my longings lie open before you, O Lord;
my sighing is not hidden from you.
Psalm 38:9

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you.  do not be afraid; do not
be discouraged. 
Deuteronomy 31:8

Then Job replied to the Lord:
"I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted,
You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without
knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know."
Job 42:2-3

Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:4

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!
Isaiah 30:18

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently
Romans 8:25

3 comments: